Glutathione is a tripeptide composed of glycine, cysteine and glutamic acid, with sulphur integral to the molecules structure. The full name is actually Glutathione Sulfhydryl, with “Sulf” referring to sulphur. While Glutamine is readily converted to glutamic acid and glycine is contained directly in this formulation, N-Acetyl Cysteine is often hailed as the true rate-limiting precursor to glutathione.
Glutathione needs a whole host of nutrients to ensure it functions properly and offers the widest range of biological effects. For instance, Selenium is a mineral required for an enzyme called Glutathione peroxidase. This enzymes functions with glutathione to quench a particular type of free-radical, making selenium essential to full gluathione functionality.
Once Glutathione is oxidised, regeneration to its reduced state is important to ensure Glutathione offers its full benefits. A range of nutrients are involved in this process, including Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Lipoic Acid.
Few plants have been shown to promote glutathione regeneration than Turmeric and its phytochemical called curcumin. Though curcumin is a powerful natural plant compound, its absorption is limited. Piperine has been shown to enhance Curcumin absorption, thereby enhancing its effects as a natural health supportive compound.
Why does this product contain inulin when it’s not really a gut health supplement? Rather than creating a product with an obscure serving size, like 3.4g, we decided to round it off to 4 grams by adding a natural prebiotic soluble fibre derived from chicory root. It’s clean, it’s natural and it may support gut health by promoting a healthy microbiome.
- Nutrition Facts
- Serving size: 4g
- Amount per 100gAmount per serving
- kJ25.6 639.0
- Protein1.0 g26.0 g
- Total Fat0.1 g1.3 g
- Saturated Fat0.0 g0.5 g
- Total Carbohydrate0.3 g8.0 g
- Sugars0.0 g0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber0.1 g2.8 g
- Sodium0.2 mg4.8 mg
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine500.0 mg12,500.0 mg
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)500.0 mg12,500.0 mg
- - Equiv. Sulphur170.0 mg4,250.0 mg
- R-Alpha Lipoic Acid200.0 mg5,000.0 mg
- Mixed Tocopherols100.0 mg2,500.0 mg
- Ascorbic Acid500.0 mg12,500.0 mg
- Selenium25.0 mcg625.0 mcg
- L-Glutamine500.0 mg12,500.0 mg
- L-Glycine500.0 mg12,500.0 mg
- Turmeric Root Powder500.0 mg12,500.0 mg
- - Equiv. Curcumin44.0 mg1,100.0 mg
- Piperine5.0 mg125.0 mg
- Chicory Root Inulin459.7 mg11,492.5 mg