- Nutrition Facts
- Serving size: 10g
- Amount per 100gAmount per serving
- kcal9.5 95.0
- Protein0.2 g2.0 g
- Total Fat0.1 g1.2 g
- Saturated Fat0.0 g0.0 g
- Total Carbohydrate4.4 g44.0 g
- Sugars3.9 g39.0 g
- Sodium2.2 mg21.6 mg
Hawthorn Fruit Powder
$19.95 – $145.00
INGREDIENTS: Hawthorn Fruit Powder.
Be kind to your heart with a spoonful of organic hawthorn berry powder! Ground from hawthorn berries, this supplement promotes heart health, improves digestion, and lowers stress levels. A serving of this superfood provides plenty of antioxidants and vitamins to keep your heart at the top of its game. Enjoy this slightly tart and sweet powder mixed in smoothies, sprinkled over soups, and more.
Organic Hawthorn berries grow on a shrub that belongs to the Rosaceae, or rose, family. The red “haw” berries have been renowned for their medicinal properties since the Middle Ages.
Servings And Uses
Enjoy 1-2 teaspoons of organic hawthorn berry powder in your smoothies, shakes or juices. To make a simple tea, mix 1 teaspoon of the powder in 8 ounces of hot water. If the taste is too bitter on its own, feel free to add a touch of honey. Hawthorn berry powder can also be added to raw baked treats. It goes splendidly sprinkled over soups, as well. Get creative in the ways you incorporate heart-healthy organic hawthorn berry powder in your diet.
Hawthorn Berry Benefits
1) Improves Heart Health – Hawthorn berry powder may help manage high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Research suggests that hawthorn berries support heart function in people with conditions like congestive heart failure, atherosclerosis, and angina. Congestive heart failure occurs when the heart pumps blood at a slower than normal rate. Studies find that hawthorn supplementation decreases symptoms of heart failure such as shortness of breath and fatigue.
Atherosclerosis is a condition in which plaque builds up inside the arteries. The antioxidant properties of hawthorn berries can reduce the formation of plaque, to promote blood flow. Angina is characterized by chest pain that occurs due to the narrowing of coronary arteries. The chest pain is usually aggravated by physical activity or exercise, but studies find that hawthorn berries may improve angina symptoms by increasing arterial blood flow.
2) Supports Digestive Health – Hawthorn berries support the beneficial gut flora aka “good bacteria” that promotes nutrient digestion. The breakdown of fat is especially important for our digestion of meats and fatty foods. Hawthorn supplementation may be used to treat gastrointestinal problems like indigestion and stomach pain. A little bit of hawthorn berry powder may help soothe upset tummies.
3) Reduces Anxiety – Calm your nerves with a touch of hawthorn berry powder in your diet. Hawthorn berries promote blood circulation throughout the body, which helps lower blood pressure and relieve tension. One study examined the effects of hawthorn supplementation on patients with generalized anxiety disorder. The study concluded that hawthorn was more effective at reducing anxiety than the placebo.